Friday, November 9, 2012

Gardens and Groves
 



 
 I was fascinated by the olive grove at Bahji. I love the way they took the orchard and turned it into a formal garden. Olive trees were everywhere. People would have 2 or 3 trees in their yards and have tarps on the ground to catch the olives to press for oil.
 
 
I believe this is carob, but I could be wrong.


This isn't Mexico!!!!
 

 
 Weeping Willow at Ridvan Garden.
 
 
Pomelo and other citrus were being grown at the Ridvan Garden. Fruit was harvested and offered to the pilgrims
 
 
Malinche
 
 
Pomegranates were in season. You could get pomegranate juice at the farmer's market. It reminded me of the Gallagher Show. They would put the entire fruit in a smasher, pull down on the handle and make juice instantly. It was sort of like a giant tortilla smasher with a long handle on it. I couldn't find a decent looking pomegranate grove. I think this one had already been picked over. 

No comments: